Call Us to Schedule Your Consultation  (305) 741 4214

Crime Victim Visa Lawyer in Coral Gables


If an undocumented person residing in the United States has been the victim of a crime in the United States they may have options to obtain Lawful Status. For victims of certain qualifying crimes they may be able to obtain U-Visa Status. In order to obtain a U-Visa the victim must demonstrate cooperation with law enforcement. For persons married to a United States Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident and have been the victim of domestic violence VAWA may be an option. Both U-Visa and VAWA are intricate applications and obtaining proper counsel is vital.


If you or a loved one have been the victim of a crime contact Dominguez Law Firm, PLLC today and schedule a consultation to see how we may be able to help you.


Other Practice Areas:



Can any crime qualify for a U-Visa?
Generally no. There are specific crimes in the regulations that make a person eligible for a U-Visa. One may also be eligible if they are able to prove they were the victim of a crime substantially similar to one of the enumerated qualifying crimes.


How do I prove cooperation with law enforcement for a U-Visa?
The first step of a U-Visa case, prior to filing the application, is obtaining a certification from the proper law enforcement authorities noting the cooperation.


What if I was the victim of domestic violence, but it was not physical abuse?
For VAWA cases, one does not necessarily need to be the victim of physical abuse. Psychological or sexual abuse are also qualifying.


Should I Appeal or Not?
Deciding whether to Appeal or not is an important decision and the answer depends on various factors. It is important to consult with an experienced Immigration Attorney who will review your case in detail and advise whether to Appeal or not.


What if I do not have proof of the domestic violence?

An ideal case will contain as much evidence as possible of the abuse documented. However, it is understandable that this is not possible for every single case. An experienced Immigration Attorney will be able to evaluate your case and advise as to whether it should be filed or not.

We Provide Efficient, Assertive and Compassionate Assistance With Your Immigration Matter.

Contact us